If you live in El Paso, how can you sell your house for the highest price possible?
Prepare your home to sell for the highest amount possible using the following suggestions:
*NOTE: The following instructions are applicable to homeowners interested in receiving the full value of a property. If you aren’t interested in following the suggestions below, or you lack the money/time to get these things done, you have the option of selling your El Paso house a lot faster for a fair value. This particular option will save you a lot of hassles, expenses, and time.
1) Comprehensive Cleaning – houses don’t need to be occupied in order to collect dust. Regular cleaning is essential. Buyers shouldn’t be able to see any imperfections when viewing a home. If cleaning is not your forte, it is worthwhile to pay a professional to keep the place looking top notch until it sells.
If you are messy by nature, think about living somewhere else while your El Paso house is on the market. Consider paying a friend to switch homes with you. Keeping things immaculate will go a long way towards helping buyers visualize themselves living in your home. If buyers feel grossed-out, all you will do is repel them.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house fast in El Paso“? – Read Here.
2) Cultivate a neutral, cohesive style – not everything needs to be painted off-white. Subtle colors will help modify the way people see spaces. For instance, a mild yellow tone will brighten up dark kitchens. Conversely, a deep green or dark blue shade will tone-down bright bedrooms, instilling a calm atmosphere for the occupant. Be mindful, though, that dark colors can also make some rooms feel smaller than they are.
It is worth your while to invest in some professional help and a quality paint job. Subconsciously, people are inclined to pay more for properties with the right balance of neat lines and suitable colors. Aesthetics make the house feel more full – a can of paint can heavily influence a buyer’s perspective. This is the psychology of optical illusions at work.
The outside of your house shouldn’t be neglected either, by the way.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It’s often a good use of money to hire a home inspector to come through before you put the property on the market. If you ask in advance, they’ll often charge you a tiny rate to come back after you’ve done a bunch of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers love to see an independent report on the condition of the house – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. You should definitely find at least a few decent real estate brokers who will help you price your property, but be honest with them. If you’re going to market the property on your own, don’t make enemies by lying about your intentions. Great brokers are rare, but they make more money for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Again, great brokers earn their value by doing this work and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It’s pretty expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, but if you’re already a marketing expert you’re ahead of the pack.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in El Paso – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the El Paso area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your El Paso TX House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or wants to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local El Paso house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in El Paso“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you live in or near El Paso and want to get your home sold fast for cash at a fair value, we may be able to help you, too.
We purchase properties just like yours – particularly from homeowners in El Paso who urgently have to sell their biggest asset.