You may have noticed some billboards promoting companies that purchase homes if you’ve driven around El Paso recently.
Usually, these billboards say something like, “We buy homes in El Paso!” or “we pay cash for properties in El Paso!”
How Credible Are These Companies, Though?
How can you decide if companies that buy local homes like yours are credible and honest?
At first glance, they all kind of look like one another. This article will go over what to keep your eye out for when scouting companies like these. By the time you finish the article, you’ll have a good idea about who you can trust (and who you should stay away from).
Selling and buying properties is a respectable and valid profession capable of helping homeowners and communities in several ways. There are companies that are outstanding run by ethical people who endeavor to improve neighborhoods with each property they purchase.
Conversely, there are dishonest and shady companies that prioritize profits above client well-being. They would sell their grandmothers up the river to get a contract signed.
We can help you bypass companies like these. In doing so, you will be able to concentrate on working with ethical and honest companies with strong reputations. The people who run these companies can offer you a fair cash offer, as well as close the deal on a personalized schedule.
Let’s go over precisely what house buyers like Level Cash Home Offers excel at.
What Reputable Property Buyers in El Paso Do
- Help people access funds they need immediately. When people are hastily trying to sell their homes, it is usually because they need to pay for unexpected expenses. Such costs might entail medical needs or relocation. We can put such people at ease and buy properties from them within days.
- Help sellers free themselves from burdensome properties, sans the hassle that comes with listing them through a broker. The latter option could take months before a sale closes.
- Create local jobs. Administrators, loan officers, title reps, brokers, electricians, contractors, and plumbers are just some of the people we hire as part of the process. Real estate transactions, on average, involves approximately 86 different people from beginning to end. Investments we make help create jobs for those who reside in El Paso.
- Increasing neighborhood value in El Paso. When we enhance homes, we help to bolster an entire community’s value. We usually repair neglected and abandoned houses before converting them into gorgeous family homes. Our actions strengthen the city of El Paso.
- Tax base increases. When new buyers take over a property, they’ll end up paying higher tax rates as per the improved value of the home. Such taxes pay for street repairs, libraries, law enforcement, fire departments, schools, and other priceless infrastructure. The neighborhood is subsequently improved.
Many people believe house flipping is a ‘become rich fast’ scam. This misconception is perpetuated by ridiculous “reality” TV shows that amplify the drama. The fact of the matter is that the work we do is quite boring.
A majority of the work involves coordinating various people in order to ensure that things are completed on time. Managing moving parts simultaneously takes up a big part of our time.
How to Make Sure That the Property Buyer You Are Working with Is Reputable
How can you determine if an investor you are talking to is credible? When you are speaking with local buyers who show an interest in your home, ask them the following open-ended questions to gauge their honesty, knowledge, and trustworthiness:
- In what ways do you go about helping clients?
- What part of your company makes you most proud?
- Can you give me more information about the services you offer?
- Describe your philosophy of property investment.
- How can you prove that my home will close at the time you have promised?
With that said, keep your eye out for the following:
- If a homebuyer asks you to sign over ownership of the house (the deed) in your home, as opposed to a professional setting (perhaps at a title company or closing attorney office), be cautious. Reputable property buyers perform sale closings at neutral places, such as title companies. This ensures that things are done by the book and correctly.
- Don’t be pressured into making a fast close. If a property buyer attempts to place pressure on you by saying that the decision needs to be made ASAP, red flags should go up. Many scammers seek out quick fixes, as opposed to a comprehensive interview.
When you confront such people with questions like these, they will probably find an excuse to find another potential sucker – one that doesn’t put them on the spot as you have.
Investors that provide ethical and honest property buying services in El Paso are interested in community development and relationships.
The next time you come across a company that promises to buy a home right away, don’t be shy about asking them the above questions.